This page provides an overview of the DeliverySlip Chrome extension, including quick facts, instructions on how to install the extension, and how to use it.
The Secure Messaging Chrome extension lets you view your secure messages inline in browser-based email programs such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Zimbra. With Secure Messaging integrated into Chrome, you can encrypt all communications, manage your secure messages alongside basic email messages, securely provision e-signatures, share large files, and mount e-campaigns right in your email using your existing account.
Integration is simple without requiring any additional training, thus ensuring rapid adoption. And because there are no cumbersome security keys, your users can easily communicate securely with all stakeholders in a closed-loop environment.
- Secure messages are sent through your organization’s branded Secure Messaging platform, and therefore, are secure throughout the exchange.
- Designed to be a light-weight client-side solution easily installed in under two minutes without requiring administrative rights.
- Because there is no new software to learn and it’s so simple to use, the solution will actually be supported and adopted by staff and external recipients, ensuring the encryption of your sensitive data.
- Email content and file attachments can be stored decrypted in the mail server (e.g. Exchange) both by the sender and the external recipients without integration at the mail server level.
- Eliminates the need for recipients to login to a separate mail store that, typically, is only available through a web browser.
- Gives users the option to quickly choose between creating a new secure or basic email message.
- The Delivery Slip is added to the right side of the compose window and gives you access to all of Secure Messaging’s powerful features.
- Instantly and securely send, receive, and track attachments and e-signature documents without taxing the mail server.
- It works with all mail servers and all existing email archiving, compliance, e-discovery, and DLP set-ups.
- No server changes are required, making it a true cloud solution.
Installing the Secure Messaging Chrome Extension – Option One
- To install the Chrome extension, you simply need to follow this link to the Chrome web store.
- From there, just type “Secure Messaging” into the search window.
- It will be listed under Extensions. (If you do not see Secure Messaging listed there, follow the Option Two instructions below.)
- Click the + Add to Chrome option to the right of the entry and then follow the prompts.
Installing the Secure Messaging Chrome Extension – Option Two
- Go to secure-messaging.com and log in to your Secure Messaging account.
- From the left navigation panel, click any of the app icons.
- Click the operating OS you are using (Windows or Mac).
- Under the Google Chrome Extension entry, click Install now… This will launch the Chrome Web Store in a new tab with the Secure Messaging app listed and ready to be added. As above, click + Add to Chrome and follow the prompts.
Using the Secure Messaging Chrome Extension
- Once the extension is installed, you will see an additional button for composing secure messages next to the regular button for composing basic (unsecured) email. In the Gmail example shown below, the NEW SECURE button is below the regular COMPOSE button.
- To reply or forward a secure message, use the Reply, Reply All, and Forward options shown on the toolbar above the secure message itself. (The first time you go into Gmail, Office 365, etc. after loading the extension, and click to load a secure message, you may be asked to log in first.)
- At any time, you can click View in Secure Webmail, which will load that message in the Secure Messaging Webapp in a new tab.
- When you click Reply, Reply All, or Forward, a new secure message will open. It will include the Delivery Slip to the right where you can access all of Secure Messaging’s functions. (For full instruction on using the Delivery slip, please see How to Use the Delivery Slip).
- Once you are ready, click Send Secure.
- If you want to leave the draft without sending, simply click outside of the message window. (NOTE: A draft of the message will be saved in the draft folder in your Secure Messaging Webapp.)
- To delete the draft without saving it, click the trashcan.